Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Summer Floods of 2007

My stay in Oxford was extended by a day. I am hoping that is all. Not that I don't love Oxford. It's that I want to get to Glasgow to begin piping school.

The trains were suspended on Saturday because of the unprecedented heavy rains. The rails are underwater in the north and west. So, plan B. My hope is to catch a coach from the Oxford Station for Glasgow. I would much prefer a six hour train ride over a nine hour bus ride, but sometimes we simply do not get what we want. And to think that I believed that we did for such a long time.

To the Scotland pilgrims who are coming over on Friday, pack warm things and things that can keep you dry. The pattern, at least for now, seems to be a cool and wet one. Of course, things could change and do. Let's hope and pray that that is so. The floods have done more than inconvenience my travel. They have left a lot of people homeless and unemployed.

That's it for the moment. Peace.

No comments: